Driving without working AC in summer months can be unbearable. When you turn your AC to full blast, you expect nothing but cold air through those vents. This may not always be the case, however. If your car needs AC repair in Roswell, take it to our garage and our auto technicians will diagnose the problem.
The technicians at McCullough NAPA Auto Care are all ASE-Certified and trained on how best to fix your AC issue when you need it most. We are conveniently located at 5810 Roswell Road in North Atlanta, off of 285.
Signs Your Car Needs AC Repair
- Blowing hot air. The most common cause of a faulty AC system is lack of refrigerant. Refrigerant is the chemical that cools down the air inside the system. Mold and mildew may also be built up within the system’s evaporator. As a result, cold air will be unable to push through the vents. These are both things we look for when you bring your vehicle into our shop.
- Blows cold are sporadically. A lack of coolant can lead to a lack in performance. Another cause for poor performance could be a broken component within the system. Our technicians inspect the entire air conditioning unit in order to find the issue and fix it fast.
- Unusual noises. Air conditioning systems are designed to be quiet. Loud or squealing sounds are not normal. A faulty compressor is generally the cause for such sounds. Responsible for pressurizing refrigerant, the compressor plays a large role in assisting cold air flow. As time passes, a compressor will undergo wear and tear. In that case, wear and tear may be the cause for those unusual sounds.
- Strange odor. The air coming from your vents should not smell bad. An old cabin air filter can lead to foul smells. That is why it is important to switch them at least once a year. Filters are easy and cheap to replace. Another cause of foul odors may be mold and mildew. Given these points, we can rid your cabin of these smells and get your air blowing cold again in no time.
Our ACE-Certified Technicians are able to determine the root cause of your air conditioning issue. AC repair for any car or truck has never been easier in Roswell, thanks to McCullough NAPA Auto Care.
AC Refrigerant Recharge Service
The reason for a lack of cold air is often due to a lack of refrigerant in your AC system. In time refrigerant will deplete with use. If you’re experiencing warm forced air from the vents, it could be because of low refrigerant levels. A worst case scenario would be a leak in the system, which would lead to replacing that part.
An AC recharge service will drain your air conditioning system of any existing coolant. Afterwards, we replenish the system with fresh refrigerant. If the system is still blowing warm air, at this point we know it’s not due to a lack of refrigerant.
We’ll also inspect your vehicle’s temperature control and pressure systems to make sure all the parts are working as they should. We can additionally determine if any of these parts have a leak. At this time we will outline next steps to get you on the road fast. All things considered, a recharge service is quick and less costly than having to replace a component.
List Of Auto AC Repair Services In Roswell
- AC Diagnosis
- Compressor Replacement
- Condenser Replacement
- Evaporator Replacement
- Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement
- Expansion Valve Replacement
- Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement
- Refrigerant Recover
- Refrigerant Refresh
- System Leak Inspection