If you’re experiencing AC issues in your car, trust that our auto technicians in Sandy Springs can help repair the problem. Summer months can be unbearable behind the wheel without working air conditioning. If you crank your AC all the way up and are still not feeling cool relief, there is certainly a reason.
Fortunately, the technicians at McCullough NAPA Auto Care are all ASE-Certified and capable of fixing your AC issue. We are conveniently located at 5810 Roswell Road in North Atlanta, off of 285.
Signs Your Car Needs AC Repair
The following signs help determine if you need to schedule an AC service appointment.
- Blowing hot air. There are many factors that could lead to a lack of cold air. The most common is depleted refrigerant. There could also be mold built up within the system’s evaporator, which as a result prevents air from reaching the vents.
- Blows cold are sporadically. Chances are if you use your air conditioning frequently, you’ll be able to tell when it’s not performing at it’s best on a given setting. A lack of coolant can lead to a lack in performance. So can a broken part. Our technicians inspect the entire air conditioning system in order to find the problem and fix it fast.
- Unusual noises. Air conditioning systems are designed to be quiet. Loud or squealing sounds could be result of a faulty compressor. The compressor is responsible for pressurizing coolant and properly flowing it through the vents. A compressor undergoes wear and tear over time, which may be causing the extra noise.
- Strange odor. Simply put, the air coming from your vehicles’s vents should not smell bad. An old cabin air filter can lead to foul smells. Filters are easy and cheap to replace. Mold and mildew may also be responsible for producing foul odors.
Our ACE-Certified Technicians can determine the root cause and give your system new life. Quality AC repair for your car has never been easier, thanks to McCullough NAPA Auto Care in Sandy Springs.
AC Refrigerant Recharge Service
Often times the reason for a lack of cold air is due to a lack of refrigerant in your AC system. Refrigerant is responsible for cooling down the air that blows through your vents. If you’re experiencing warm forced air from the vents, it could be because of low refrigerant levels, or even a leak.
An AC recharge service will drain your air conditioning system of any existing coolant. Afterwards we replenish the system with a fresh refrigerant. If the system is still blowing warm air, at this point we know it’s not due to a lack of refrigerant.
We’ll also inspect your vehicle’s temperature control and pressure systems to make sure all the parts are working as they should. Additionally, we can determine if any of these parts have a leak or are faulty. We will explain what a proper fix will entail at this time and outline next steps to get you on the road fast.
List Of Auto AC Repair Services In Sandy Springs
- AC Diagnosis
- Compressor Replacement
- Condenser Replacement
- Evaporator Replacement
- Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement
- Expansion Valve Replacement
- Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement
- Refrigerant Recover
- Refrigerant Refresh
- System Leak Inspection